Data Base Administrator (DBA)
Requisition Number: 501902
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Information Technology
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Be part of the history of Panama!
Minera Panamá S.A. Is the legal entity of the First Quantum Minerals group in Panama. We are currently developing the most important private investment in the country's history, with the project Cobre Panamá in the District of Donoso, Colón. First Quantum Minerals is a multinational mining and metals company that currently operates seven mines in production and develops five projects worldwide.
Join a global team! If you are ready to develop your career and witness one of the most important copper mines in the world, follow us on: LinedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube
We are currently seeking a Data base Administrator (DBA) for our operation in Donoso, Colón.
- Implement, document and maintain the database design including physical and logical data models.
- Advanced MS SQL (2012 -2016) programming skills with ability to write, debug and tune procedures, functions and ETL packages.
- Tune database queries for optimal performance.
- Work collaboratively with system analysts and business to better understand overall business needs and make recommendations accordingly.
- Partner with ICT project coordinator and interact with users to find solutions for projects and operational issues for existing and proposed databases environments.
- Identify, analyze and solve problems related to database, applications or reporting in a thorough, timely manner.
- Develop and document standards, policies, procedures and key performance metrics that support the continued improvement of ICT services.
- Assist vendor developers with all the database activities.
- Monitor application related jobs and data replication activities.
- Perform code reviews and SQL code deployments.
- Assist test teams in Unit and Stress testing operations.
- Anticipate and devise possible solutions to application and database-related problems.
- Recommend and maintain SQL Server configurations for both production and development environments.
- Assist ICT team by deploying SQL Server upgrades and service packs.
- Assist system admin role by performing backup, recovery and archival tasks on databases management systems.
- Participate in On-Call rotation for critical production support.
- Perform all routine scheduled SQL Server and database maintenance.
Qualifications and Personal Characteristics:
Skills necessary to achieve minimum competency standards:
- Possess a solid understanding of the relationships of architecture components within technology infrastructure.
- Expertise with the following technologies: MS SQL 2012-2016
- Experience working with .Net, C# technologies.
- Knowledge and experience working with source code version control systems.
- Excellent Data Modeling experience.
- Strong understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- MCDBA or MCSA database development certification.
- Familiarity with BI and analytics techniques a plus.
- Excellent communication skills a must.
- Ability to provide support and participate in an on-call rotation
- Experience with DR and BCP
Minimum qualification required for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Computer Science
Note: Sufficient and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
Minimum experience required for this position:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a database developer/architect in a SQL Server environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a database administrator.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with large, complex databases in a medium-large enterprise environment.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now