Training Coordinator ( Engineering )
Requisition Number: 501903
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are searching for experienced people to join our World-Class Copper operation in Panama, Central America.
Herewith more detailed information about this role:
Help to set up training for the Engineering Department.
• Develop (together with the subject matter experts and the training team) technical training pathways to provide adequate skills to the different trades, including supervisors.
• Communicate with OEM’s to ensure the required skills are available to perform the work accurately and safely.
• Ensure that legal requirements are fulfilled from a skills point of view.
• Ensure that the training centre has adequate training equipment.
• Participate in developing local vocational school.
Run and manage the training centre from an engineering point of view.
• Maintain skills database and develop it to match needs current and future needs.
• Develop training methods to fulfil inputs from colleges and inputs from continuous improvement initiatives.
• Provide technical support for the mechanical maintenance personnel on a daily basis to maximize production and efficiencies and optimize costs.
• Report on maintenance activities and performance indicators
• Manage the training budget.
Collaborate with the various Maintenance Superintendents to ensure efficiencies.
• Evaluate plant performance to identify and initiate training and development opportunities.
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineer Degree; or
• Related Trade Certificate to Heavy Fixed Plant Equipment.
• Worked in mining or heavy industry;
• Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in a maintenance role;
• Demonstrated career in trades training.
• 5 years of which should be in Senior Supervisory capacity
• Strong user of maintenance management systems and overall MS Office is an advantage.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now