Human Resource Intern
Requisition Number: 501909
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Toronto Office
Categories: Human Resources
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources Corporate - Canada, located in Toronto, the Human Resources Intern will be responsible for providing assistance in the Toronto office as well as supporting the Human Resources department in our development project in Panama. This role will be responsible for assisting in the creation and maintenance of a performance assessment database for the Panama project and assisting when needed in recruitment administration for the project. The candidate must be bilingual in both Spanish and English and be able to work with teams remotely. This is a great opportunity for anyone pursuing a career in the Human Resources field, as they will be exposed to both local and international Human Resources practices.
This is a 6 month contract, part time, paid position.
- Data entry of the performance assessments into a SQL database.
- Data verification and system testing of the database. Assistance in future online development of the performance assessment process.
- Assist Panama HR with recruitment activities which include but are not limited to posting job vacancies online, reviewing resumes ensuring job requirements are met, any other duties as assigned.
- Assist in the digital file management project by scanning and archiving paper files for the Toronto office.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a degree, post degree/ certificate in Human Resources or Business Administration or relevant discipline required.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with SQL database, or HR systems an asset.
- Data analysis and basic research skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills complemented by tact and diplomacy.
- Resourceful, results- oriented and detail- oriented, the ability to work independently.
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards, demonstrating accountability, integrity, and transparency in actions at all times.
- Strong work ethic with a customer service focus.
- Able to execute on time- sensitive deadlines.
- Able to handle competing priorities and process information from many sources simultaneously.
- Shows openness to new ideas and perspectives.
- Bilingual Spanish and English.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now