Mobile Maintenance Supervisor - Fleet
Requisition Number: 501925
Contract Type: Fixed Term
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Ensure maximum equipment availabilities.
- Provide technical assistance with preventative and predictive maintenance practices and procedures.
- Diagnostic fault finding on mechanical and electrical systems.
- Repairing broken equipment and identify future planned repairs.
- Implements and monitors a preventative maintenance program to assure cost effective maintenance.
- Adhere to safe working procedures for all work areas.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping at all times.
- Train, develop, coach and motivate mechanics to enhance their skill, knowledge and capability to an acceptable high standard.
- Investigating the cause of a breakdown and repairing the problem.
- Perform inspections on complete jobs.
- Minimum of 10 + years on Komatsu and Caterpillar equipment.
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions and understanding how to read and repair faults codes on Komatsu equipment.
- Working with maintenance schedules and reviewing spare parts inventory.
- Maintain an effective system of communication with supervisors and follow employees.
- Komatsu and Caterpillar training classes.
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation.
- Diesel repair, hydraulic systems, fuel systems, lube systems and general mechanical abilities.
- Good communication skills in English, some French would be an asset.
- Use of testing equipment to diagnose equipment breakdowns.
- Ability to engage well with people on all levels and in a multicultural environment.
- Literacy in Microsoft package and CMMS software.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Deadline driven.
- Experience with work permit systems and safe work procedures to control maintenance activities and manage hazards associated with mining industry.
Advertised: Greenwich Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now