Mining Services Planner
Requisition Number: 501936
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Administration, Mine Geology, Mining, Operations / General Management, Projects, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Participate and contribute in safe practice and environmental awareness
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices
- Identification of potential hazards and ensuring appropriate action is taken
- Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness
- Raise, discuss and resolve safety issues at regular meetings
- Identify safety hazards and rectify/control and report to Superintendent
- Adhere to and enforce all aspects of the company’s health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Access safety hazard reports and follow up on corrective actions.
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now