Auto Electrical Supervisor
Requisition Number: 501958
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Engineering, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key areas of Responsibility
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Supervise planned and breakdown maintenance on all auto electrical systems.
- Ensure works order compliance.
- Draw up daily reports and reports on equipment conditions.
- Order parts and draw parts from onsite warehouse/s.
- Prioritise workload as per equipment priority and production requirements.
- Drive to achieve required equipment availability targets.
- Supervise staff and ensure good timekeeping and attendance.
- Advise management of whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
Required Technical Skills, Training & Experience
- Minimum of a grade 12 or equivalent with a craft certificate as an Auto electrician from a recognised institute.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience a similar engineering role, with a particular focus on auto electrical equipment, with at least two years in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience on construction and mining equipment essential.
- At least 2 years' experience in a workshop environment.
- Computer literacy with experience in ERP systems.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Ability to achieve result is a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now