HR Specialist, Industrial Relations
Requisition Number: 502008
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Human Resources
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- The holder of the position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Facilitate the end-to-end disciplinary management system and processes and act as the custodian for employee and industrial relations on site.
- Attend to disciplinary cases, grievance cases and appeal cases.
- Manage the approved case chairperson database and ensure regular training on industrial relations issues is provided to both management and unions.
- Escalate pertinent issues to management where necessary.
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Maintain good knowledge of changes to legislation and advise HR Management accordingly.
- Monitor external market IR climates and provide feedback to HR Management.
- Participate in the review, development and implementation of Industrial Relations policies and procedures.
- Monitor KMP compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA)
- Provide guidance and direction to all supervisors in relation to labour compliance and industrial issues
- Act as an ambassador for the HR function.
- Provide consistent support and advice to all departmental managers and supervisors.
- Coordinate meetings with unions and/or Line Managers and provide support to specific work related issues.
- Participate and arrange logistics for collective bargaining processes
- Attend to all court cases and ensure that the company is covered in all aspects.
- Develop reporting tools and relevant forms and process flows in support of the automated system and ensure alignment to other operations within Zambia.
- Implementation of service level agreements with operations and agreed timelines for disposal of cases.
- Prepare monthly weekly & monthly IR reports for the HR Manager.
- Perform other duties as may be required by Management from time to time
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources/Industrial Psychology or equivalent
- A minimum of 6-8 years relevant experience in a Mining / manufacturing, unionized environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Zambian labour laws is a prerequisite.
- Member of ZIHRM – full member
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- High levels of confidence
- Attention to detail
- Networking and relationship building
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Results orientation
- Adherence to policies and procedures
- Team orientation and ability to build strong relationships.
- Good listener
- Must be calm and assertive
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now