Technical Trainer: Auto Electrical
Requisition Number: 502048
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Engineering, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for your subordinates, including ongoing training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management. Ensure your team's work is of the highest quality with minimal to no re-work, all work areas are free from hazards and maintained to a high standard.
- Coach & develop mine maintenance Artisans by the use of competency based assessment tools to ensure the highest level of quality and performance in maintenance practices are achieved. Identify gaps where Auto Electricians do not meet the standard and ensure training plans are used to address these gaps.
- Conduct documented regular performance reviews with Artisans to provide feedback and set goals.
- Participate and lead improvement initiatives that have a direct and measurable effect on your team's effectiveness and or plant availability. Carry out regular discussion on component or plant failure asking why the failure occurred.
- Communicate with planners, managers, training coordinators, mining and operators to ensure information is passed to the right people for review & action. Develop interdepartmental relationships and understand the complete value chain. Deal directly with contractors and OEM suppliers and ensure our needs are being met.
- Instilling a culture of continuous improvement as opposed to maintaining status quo.
- Up-skilling the available labor force so that the resource overall skill level matches the section requirements.
- Ensuring that the FQM way and safety awareness message is well understood and accepted as the way we do work.
- Working with Suppliers and OEM's to ensure a win win situation that provides the team with appropriate ongoing support.
- English / Spanish
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and train personnel
- Demonstrated analytical approach to fault analysis
- Demonstrated commitment to quality workmanship
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Electrical / Auto Electrical Trade Qualification (diploma/degree)
- Cert IV Training qualification or equivalent
- RCA Qualifications (desirable)
- Microsoft (Excel, word, project etc.)
Equipment knowledge: Ultra Class Equipment - 300 tn Komatsu Trucks, Electrical Shovel, Loaders and Drills
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now