Mobile Fleet Electrical Supervisor
Requisition Number: 502065
Contract Type: On-going
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Ensure maximum equipment availabilities.
- Diagnostic fault finding on electrical and CAN bus systems.
- Repairing broken equipment and identifying future planned repairs.
- Adhere to safe working procedures for all work areas.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping at all times.
- Providing electrical training as needed to promote a high skilled work force.
- Investigating the root cause of a breakdown and repairing the problem, not the effects.
- Perform inspections on planned and completed jobs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Tertiary degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Trade Specialist.
- Minimum of 5 + years on Komatsu and Caterpillar equipment with Electrical Supervisory roles, experience in electrical maintenance and repair of mobile equipment.
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions and understanding how to read and repair faults codes on Komatsu equipment.
- Working with maintenance schedules, good in planning, organizing and reviewing spare parts inventory.
- Maintain an effective system of communication with supervisors and follow employees.
- Basic Komatsu training classes.
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation.
- Good communication skills in English, some French would be an asset.
- Use of testing equipment to diagnose equipment breakdowns.
- Able to work in multicultural environment.
- Leadership skills.
- Proactive and able to work in under pressure.
- Deadline driven.
Advertised: Greenwich Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now