Requisition Number: 502086
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Construction, Power Plant, Projects
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with drawings, specifications, work sheets color codes, mixing charts, and all information associated with the coatings required on the above mentioned project
- Understand and communicate verbal and written instructions / information to his crews
- Understanding of all requirements based on coating needs, temperature, pressure, environmental elements
- Be knowledgeable and have experience in the preparation and application of paints, linings and coatings specified for this project
- Visually and mechanically inspect finished products in accordance with drawings and specifications
- Ensure proper handling and storage of finished products prior to their being installed
- Be responsible for requisitioning and keeping min max quantities for consumables needed in his department
- Be familiar and have a working knowledge of sandblasting equipment and products associated with surface preparation.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Advanced experience in managing surface prep and coatings applications
- Knowledge of International quality standards in adherence with company specifications
- Read and interpret documents in English
- Sound mechanical and equipment knowledge
- Spanish speaking if possible
- Coating, Painting, Inspection Qualifications preferred
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now