Requisition Number: 502329
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Manage all statutory obligations
- Liaise with Department Managers, Superintendents, Supervisors and employees to promptly resolve payroll issues as they occur.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Positively contribute to the finance team, and adhere to the company´s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Personal Characteristics:
- Good working kbnowledge of at least one major payroll system in use in Panama.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of all payroll related statutory and taxation
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
Minimum qualification required fot this position:
- High degree of computer literacy
- English language skills desirable
Minimum experience required for the position:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a fast-paced, high volume payroll team.
Behavioral skills required for this position:
- Ability to professionally deal with staff on all payroll related issues.
- Firm commitment to safe work practices
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now