Requisition Number: 502352
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Engineering, Power Plant, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Assist the Commissioning Team being fully responsible for coordination, control and management of successful Lock Out and Tag Out as defined within the LOTO procedure.
- Ensure that adequate LOTO procedures are developed and implemented securing the safety of the human bodies, protecting the integrity of equipment and environment.
- Ensure that the equipment/system safety protective measures are in place prior to the start of the identified work and are removed after the work is completed.
- Ensure that the qualified manpower needed to implement the protective measures are in place prior to start locking out and they are qualified, have attended the mandatory trainings and have evidently clear understanding of the scope and energy points to be isolated and related procedures.
- Coordinate in advance the isolation needs and maintain a permanent appreciation of scheduled tasks, and diligently coordinate LOTO in relation to this schedule keeping a proper and safe sense of urgency.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- A 4 years Tertiary Education qualified in Engineering or other scientific discipline.
- Extensive experience in large Mining projects, being been part of Commissioning Team with intensive experience in LOTO system implementation, handling and management. Have familiarity with scheduling and plannning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to lead and run extended trainings sessions in classroom and in the field.
- Truly experience as field supervisor on Industrial environment will be highly valuated.
- Strong character, determination, can do attitude, team player, results driven, achiever, self-motivated and capable of working with minimum direct supervision and adapting to changing circumstances.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact closely and frequently with visitors, commissioning, construction, operations, maintenance and preservation personnel, and any other who will cross the areas under Commissioning Care and Custody.
- Willingness to work overtime when needed.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now