Senior Supervisor, Mechanical
Requisition Number: 502430
Contract Type: Fixed Term
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Adhere to all relevant Statutory requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company
- Mentor and Develop subordinates to reach their full potential utilising training, empowerment and accountability
- Identify and implement improvements for increasing workshop efficiency
- Minimize rework
- Develop SOP’s and QA/QC Documents
- Manage Weekly Schedules and attend to breakdowns
- Oversee cost and effectiveness strategies including budgeting, component tracking and the encouragement and development of initiative in subordinate levels
- Set up workshop tooling best practices
- Understand needs analysis and engage suppliers with component specific training packages
- Perform any other duties as required by Management
- Grade Twelve certificate or equivalent
- Diploma in any Mechanical field or equivalent
- Relevant Mechanical Trade or equivalent
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Mining Fixed Plant Maintenance with at least 5 years leading a team of Supervisors and Mechanical Fitters in a Workshop environment
- Must have extensive knowledge of rebuilding components pertaining to Outotec Mills, Cedar Rapids Cone Crushers, gold Gravity Concentrators, Sump Pumps, Warman Slurry Pumps, Bearing assemblies, conveyor drives and large gearbox rebuilds
- Must have extensive shutdown planning and supervision experience
- Literacy in M/S Outlook, Excel, Word
- Knowledge of CMMS systems in particular Pronto
- Bold initiative
- Promote Safe Working practices.
- Upholding quality, passing on skills developing capability in subordinates
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity, compliance and accountability
- Driving attendance with a hands on approach, dynamic, drive
- Standby work required
- Overtime when necessary
- Exposure to dust, heat, noise and chemicals
- Physically fit
- PC Literacy
Beware of imposters who call applicants purporting to be HR Officers and requesting money for work. First Quantum Minerals does not request applicants to pay any fees for possible placement within FQM in Zambia. Please report any activities of this nature to the Zambian Police and Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), and in addition call and inform FQM Security at Kansanshi on 0966154417 and +260 212 658444.
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now