Control & Instrumentation Maintenance Supervisor
Requisition Number: 502446
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are currently searching for experienced people to join our Cobre Panama operation.
The C&I Maintenance Supervisor has the following key responsibilities:
• Ensuring compliance with the site’s work processes and instrumentation integrity requirements.
• Engaged as Control and Instrumentation Supervisor whereas providing specialist knowledge to the Maintenance Technicians.
• Developing assistance and application of the preventative maintenance program.
• Implementing and maintaining an inspection program including required regulatory and safety inspections.
• Complying with all company policies and procedures as well as local regulations.
• Adhering to Local OSHA regulations, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
• Determining priority works and resource requirements within unplanned and planned tasks.
• Approving repairs as well as supplying QA/QC on all work completed.
• Supporting the development of technicians through formal / informal training and coaching.
• Ensuring that good engineering practices are followed.
• Confirming that reliability is in the fore front in every effort to increase redundancy, ease and cost of maintenance.
• Ensuring standardized work take place across the instrumentation department.
• Assisting the Control and Instrumentation Superintendent in creating and maintaining annual budget and long term plan
• Effort-hour estimating and staff forecasting
• Bachelor’s degree or National/Higher/Advanced Diploma in instrumentation.
Experience & Skills:
• At least 10 – 15 years related experience in the mining environment.
• Knowledge of the OHS Act, Radiation Protection and/or weights and measures will be beneficial.
• In-depth knowledge of Instrumentation, engineering principles and standards.
• Excellent knowledge of maintenance in mining environments.
• Sound knowledge of Supervision, asset care, optimization and hazard control.
• Intermediate MS Projects
• Experience with Siemens PCS7 will be advantageous.
• Knowledge of Profibus DP, PA networks a prerequisite.
• Must have excellent leadership and communication skills
• Capable of working under pressure
• Exhibit aptitude to work in multi-cultural environment
• Has ability and responsibility to mentor and train other discipline superintendents, supervisors, technicians and artisans.
Other Requirements: Language – Must be bilingual (English and Spanish).
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now