Operations Planner (Tailing Mgm Facilities)
Requisition Number: 502447
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Role and Responsibilities
The TMF Operations Planner will report to the TMF Operations Superintendent.
Reporting to the designated TMF Operations Superintendent this position is responsible ensuring material and equipment supply for the successful and on time construction of the TMF and associated infrastructure along with schedule of deposition. You will work closely with TMF design consultant and In-House construction team to prepare the operations phase while ensuring the completion and integrity of the starter embankment currently under construction. You will work closely with all key stakeholders to develop the life of mine tailing deposition plan as well as developing innovative best practices to effectively manage tailings deposition and management systems for the ongoing cyclone sand tailings dam.
The TMF Operations Planner key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain Dam raise schedule in alignment with LOM,
- Develop tailings deposition schedule,
- Liaise with contractor for schedule progress tracking,
- Plan and review equipment and manpower needs,
- Submit and track procurement requests for all material supporting TMF,
- Track material balance for quarry development, borrow sources and cyclone house production to ensure construction material supply,
- Liaise with cyclone house and process Plant for deposition plan and material supply,
- Develop piping plan for overflow sand from Cyclone house to embankment and underflow, rougher and cleaner tails directly to TMF for deposition,
- Monitor beach formation progress and adjust deposition plan accordingly in collaboration with EOR, QAQC and geotech engineer,
- Contribute to dam raise alternative scenarios development (contingency plan),
- Track decant tower stop log raise for alignment with water balance and liaise with environment staff for discharge plan integration,
- Contribute to development and updates of Operations, Maintenance and Surveillance (OMS) manual,
- Liaise with the environment and permit departments to identify permit requirements and integrate into construction schedule,
- Provide monthly report identifying critical milestones and flagging risks and opportunities to schedule, cost and other areas as relevant,
- Attend weekly TMF planning meeting.
To be successful in this role you will require:
-Degree in engineering or related discipline with 5+ years of project management,
- Experience with construction project management,
- Experience as a mine planner is an asset,
- Working Knowledge of CAD, GIS and scheduling software,
- Previous experience in tailings deposition planning or water balance management is an asset,
-High level understanding of civil and geotechnical and mechanical,
-Ability to identify and key risks and implement effective management strategies,
-Numerical and analytical skills,
-Strong Project and time management skills,
-Strong problem solving and organizational skills is a must,
Previous extended tours of work in man camp/remote access locations or experience as a field contractor highly preferred.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }