Cyclone House Operations Supervisor (Tailing Mgm Facilities)
Requisition Number: 502448
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Role and Responsibilities
The TMF Cyclone House Operations Supervisor will report to the TMF Operations Superintendent.
Reporting to the designated TMF operations Superintendent and leading a team of operators and maintenance staff you will work closely with TMF, Process and Engineering team to ensure reliable supply of underflow sands to support the construction of the TMF embankments as per engineering specifications and construction schedule.
The TMF Cyclone House Operations Supervisor key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure Health and safety procedures are established and development for all activities under his/her supervision,
- Participate to the development and implementation of training programs for cyclone house and TMF operations,
- Train, coach and develop operators in all aspects of process operations, safety and general work best practices,
- Conduct performance evaluation,
- Investigate production, safety or environmental incidents,
- Implementation of the surveillance, inspection and monitoring Plan outlined in the OMS manual,
- Supervise the operation of the first and second stage cyclones, water supply pumps and underflow delivery system to achieve sand production availability and quality targets,
- Understand, communicate and meet production targets,
- Ensure delivery of underflow sands to construction areas in compliance with engineering and scheduling specifications,
- Implement deposition plan by managing the movement of cyclone overflow, tailings pipes and spigots around the East and North embankments,
- Liaise with Process Plant to plan shut down, by-pass and adjustment to cyclone process as per Process Plant tailings discharge,
- Compiling all required reporting including daily, weekly and monthly monitoring reports, monthly stewardship documents and annual construction report,
- Contribute to the risk identification workshop,
- Ensure reliable operations of the seepage collection system and management of alarms,
- Coordinate the decant stop log raise as per direction based on water management plan.
- Ensure equipment availability and safe operations,
- Establish spare parts list and inventory,
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance plan and maintain associated records,
- Plan shut down, rebuild and major maintenance activities.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- 10+ years in supervisory role,
- Trade certification,
- Previous experience in tailings deposition, pipeline management and cyclone house operations or similar,
- Familiar with JDEdwards, Oracle or similar enterprise software,
- Ability to identify key risks and implement effective management strategies.
- Strong leadership and initiative capabilities,
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills is a must.
Previous extended tours of work in man camp/remote access locations or experience as a field contractor highly preferred.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }