Finance & Treasury Accountant
Requisition Number: 502449
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are currently seeking a talented Finance and Treasury Accountant to join our dedicated team in Donoso, Colon.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Working in conjunction with the Senior Financial Accountant to ensure that:
• Financial accounting is executed timely, accurate with appropriate documentation retained;
• Strong working relationships are developed with stakeholders such that their information requirements are clearly understood and implemented
• All month-end accounting responsibilities are completed and that month-end close-off and reporting is achieved within Group Finance deadlines;
• Appropriate internal controls are maintained.
• Control all processing and reconciliation of cash including:
o Management of employee receivable accounts and timely reconciliation and collection of outstanding balances and processing;
o Daily monitoring of cash balances and reporting expected difficulties where foreseen;
o Executing planned cash transfers.
o Assistance in preparation of statutory financial statements in accordance with appropriate accounting standards, legislation and corporate policies/procedures.
o Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance or related field with a minimum of 2 years relevant financial accounting experience.
• Experience with JD Edwards and Hyperion software will be highly regarded, but is not essential.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft application software (particularly Excel and Word).
• Must be able to organize and prioritize work, and be able to meet tight deadlines, without compromising on attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure and deliver results.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
• Advanced Spanish and English language skills – written and spoke
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now