Transportation Planning Coordinator
Requisition Number: 502479
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are currently searching for experienced people to join our world class operation in Panama.
Herewith more detailed information about the above-mentioned role:
- Manages worksite commute routes
- Investigates, prepares reports, and makes recommendations on improvements to the transportation program.
- Supervise employee’s performance.
- Create, implement and revise an annual budget for transportation.
- Recruit, train and supervise all bus drivers.
- Maintains safety standards in conformance with state and insurance regulations and develops a program of preventive safety.
- Develops and administers a transportation program to meet all the requirements of the daily, weekly and monthly transportation scheme.
- Prepares and updates bus schedules for all employees.
- Takes an active role in solving discipline problems occurring on company busses.
- Investigate and report accidents.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ensures that buses, equipment, property, and facilities are kept in a safe condition by meeting the necessary codes and safety requirement.
- Maintains accurate records of fuel, maintenance and operating expenses for the transportation fleet and exercise effective control over expenditures related to approved transportation budget.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or in a relevant business field
- 3-5 yrs of experience managing massive transportation systems
- Bilingual - Spanish & English
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now