Emergency Response Team (ERT) Coordinator
Requisition Number: 502481
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Mining, Health & Safety
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Implementation of SOPs and protocols for all emergency response activities with a particular focus on fire fighting.
- Arrange and coordinate appropriate training and development programs for ERT personnel.
- Training of emergency response team members in advanced first aid, first aid, extrication, fire fighting, confined space rescue and high angle rope rescue.
- Training of health centre staff in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Life Support (ALS), International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Conduct regular drills to re-enforce training activities for both health centre and emergency response personnel.
- Establish and maintain effective response plans communication and coordination at all levels of the organisation.
Required Technical Skills, Training & Experience:
- Fire-fighter or Paramedic with ideally instructor qualifications from accredited organisations.
- Must possess good communication skills in English and French; Arabic language skills would also be a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience; experience working in remote locations in French-Africa would be a definite asset.
- Resilience, flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks daily and under emergency conditions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with groups and individuals with diverse functional and cultural backgrounds at all levels of the organisation.
- Self-motivated and excellent leadership skills.
Advertised: Greenwich Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now