Trainer Assessor: Off-the-job
Requisition Number: 502544
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Ensure that learners are effectively trained in line with the ethos of the Company, and that they adhere to the material standards.
- Train & mentor Panamanian Training officer to a standard were by he/ she would be able to train and maintain a full Learnership programme in the designated trade without any assistants. (3 Years from start of Programme)
- Ensure learners achieve competencies within acceptable time frames, if not achieved take appropriate remedial action.
- Ensure all training and ISO procedures are followed.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of individuals.
- Adapt Learning material as per required needs.
- Manage and maintain all training material and equipment.
- Report on training conducted within your discipline.
- Capture and record all training completed.
- Analyze annual Learnership needs.
- Liaise with the relevant ON the job trainers to develop needs analysis for training and target particular areas
- Maintain good housekeeping at all times.
- Maintain and control tools and equipment per section.
Qualifications and Personal Characteristics:
Skills necessary to achieve minimum competency standards:
- Computer literacy (Microsoft – Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail
- Qualified and well versed in the trade/s
- Good communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Report writing skills
Minimum qualification required for this position:
- N3 required plus recognized Trade Test Certificate
- Training Officer Certificate
- OD ETDP NQF Level 5
- Registered assessor/ moderator
Minimum experience required for this position:
- 5 years relevant experience in Training
Behavioral skills required for this position:
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of individuals
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication
- Team work
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now