Health Projects Coordinator (Medical & Emergency Response Operational Readiness)
Requisition Number: 502573
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Health & Safety
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are recruiting experienced professionals to join our world-class Copper, Gold and Molybdenum Cobre Panama operation. The operation is equipped to treat 75Mtpa of ore, which will involve a large-scale conventional open pit mining and processing plant.
Reporting to the Health Coordinator, we are looking for an experienced professional to take on the following:
Key Accountabilities and Challenges:
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the area of operation.
- Critically observe the activities of the onsite external Health Care Provider ensuring the quality delivery of services as per the scope of contract and the established KPI’s in particular the in-house training plan.
- Mentor the Health Clinics medical and emergency response staff providing training, motivation, support and direction to the work teams.
- Develop, monitor and review performance of Health Clinic personnel through practical workplace feedback on operations.
- Develop a Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) medical training program with Safety, Operational Readiness Team and Health.
- Identify potential hazards and create specific protocols for medical management.
- Implement an intensive HAZOP medical training program for the onsite clinic staff and Emergency Response team.
- Support and develop appropriate response plans, systems and tools that enables effective response management.
- Support and train the Emergency Response Team and Medical Team to ensure they are fit for purpose, prepared, resourced and have robust processes in place to conduct immediate response activities.
- Work closely with the Coordinator Health to provide a world class occupational health program to meet the needs of a large mining operation within a multinational company.
- Train the emergency management team in the development of plans and procedures to deliver best practice Emergency Management for situational preparedness.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders in an industrial setting that will effectively deliver coordinated emergency response as required.
- Support community health and Ministry of Health engagement as required.
- Implement FQM Way culture in the team - "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, Together."
- Act as a deputy for colleagues as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Coordinator Heath.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- A Tertiary qualification in the Medical Emergency Response Field (e.g. Nursing)
- Sound knowledge of emergency management principles and practices.
- Demonstrated capacity in coaching and mentoring with a background in establishing assessments, standards and improvement plans
- Demonstrated capacity in the development of stakeholder and team relationships that provide proactive, positive outcomes Ability to think conceptually and creatively in complex problem solving situations.
- Excellent cognitive and analytical skills for identifying process shortfalls, bottlenecks and implementing improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and media skills able to assemble data and provide clear and accurate performance reports in both an upward and downward direction.
- Ability to operate in a stressful environment and make well-reasoned decisions.
- Computer fluency is essential.
- Demonstrated capacity to operate in a foreign workplace and successfully manage through alien norms and habits environment
- 10 years proven experience relevant to emergency management including reduction, readiness, response and recovery.
- Experience in developing and implementing process improvements.
Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now