Site Services Manager
Requisition Number: 502644
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Provide efficient management for the provision of common site services across the Project geography comprising mine, process plant, power plant and port;
- Establish goals and develop timelines for all equipment, project and personnel concerns;
- Manage all staffing, training and personnel development. Foster a productive team environment within and outside of the site services area;
- Manage costs and area equipment/consumable levels to meet capacity demands, as well as, maintaining all area budgets. Continually improve the area’s efficiency;
- Work with other department managers to ensure consistency throughout the entire organization.
Specific responsibilities - Road construction and maintenance:
- Plan, organise, direct and manage Roads construction and maintenance (including major mine haul roads); and
- Manage the budget and staffing for each road construction and maintenance effort on the Project site.
Specific responsibilities – Tactical vehicle fleet operations and maintenance:
- Coordinate tactical vehicle fleet movements, including bussing;
- Manage the maintenance and support of the tactical vehicle fleet, including logistics vehicles;
- Responsible for coordinating third party vehicles on the site, including by air; and
- Manage the budget and staffing for light and tactical vehicle fleet operations and maintenance.
Specific responsibilities – Facilities maintenance:
- Direct maintenance activities at Project common facilities including but not limited to: camps, accommodation, buildings and grounds keeping, plus other services as assigned;
- Plan, organise and manage painting services across the site; and
- Manage the budget and special teams for facilities management.
Qualifications and technical competencies:
- 5-10 years’ progressive experience;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or applicable sciences within an accredited University would be well viewed;
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with many levels within the organization. Good oral and written communications skills;
- Strong accounting/budgeting skills with the ability to develop and manage department and companywide budgets.
- Experienced in remote site coordination.
- Leadership capabilities and able to work with local teams, ability to train, teach and mentor national staff.
- Project and time management skills; and
- Bilingual abilities (Spanish and English) will be advantageous.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now