Requisition Number: 502717
Contract Type: Fixed Term, On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are seeking a self-motivated and proactive accountant to work within the Finance team to assist the Superintendent in achieving the operations readiness plan for management accounting discipline.
Key Result Areas:
Main Responsibilities (what will they do, how will they do it, and for what purpose?):
• Specifically manage the Mining function of Cobre Panama
• Implement cost Control
• Implement budget and forecasting/planning tool
• Train and develop skillset of local employees
• Participation in regular cost review with departmental Supervisors and Managers.
• Participate in the preparation of budget analysis reports including variance analysis and identification of key cost drivers.
• Provide assistance with allocation of overhead expenditure.
• Provide assistance with valuation of stockpiles and work in progress.
Skill and Educational Requirements
Education (Level of schooling required)
• School Completion
• Degree Qualified
• Excellent modeling skills
• 10 + Years in management accounting role
• 5+ Years in mining role
• English and Spanish (not essential)
Equipment required to carry out his/her functions
Behavioral traits What behaviors must the person demonstrate
• Management qualities
• Sound/prooven leadership qualities
Working Conditions (Would mobilization or rotating schedules be required of this position.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now