Procurement Support Officer ( Expeditor )
Requisition Number: 502720
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Perform expediting activities for goods and materials from local and international suppliers as required, including (but not limited to) the following:
o Expediting supplier Purchase Order receipt and Purchase Order delivery dates with local and international suppliers to meet required delivery dates;
o Preparation and provision of reports on local and international suppliers not meeting required delivery dates;
o Coordination of deliveries to site, offloading and storage;
o Arranging transportation for goods and materials where required;
o Facilitation of customs clearance with local clearing agent for goods and materials delivered by international suppliers;
o Pre-and post-delivery inspection of materials and equipment, liaison and negotiation with suppliers to remedy defects;
o Liaison with suppliers and internal customers to ensure timely inspection of equipment and materials during manufacture where required;
Identification of opportunities for cost reductions.
In this role, there will be high emphases on:
• Adherence to FQM Cobre Panama Code of Ethics;
• Adherence to FQM Cobre Panama Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Experience in international and local expediting activities including interaction with international freight forwarders;
• Highly developed communication and negotiation skills;
• Strong team player whilst possessing ability to work autonomously;
• Possess strong commercial acumen and business integrity;
• Firm commitment to safe work practices.
• Degree in Purchasing Management or relevant discipline;
• Good written and spoken Spanish and English allowing reporting and negotiation in both languages;
• Previous mine-site experience;
• Previous experience with ERP systems (e.g. JD Edwards)
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now