Requisition Number: 502863
Contract Type: On-going
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Ensure that Safety protocols and Operating Procedures are followed;
- Develop and maintain the metal accounting system for the Mine;
- Evaluating process performance to identify and initiate development opportunities;
- Provide technical support process unit operations on a daily basis to operations personnel maximize production and efficiencies and optimize costs;
- Design and execute test-work to determine optimal operating conditions and scale-up to plant;
- Review plant design for debottlenecking and efficiency/operability improvement and initiate, and provide financial justification for, related capital projects;
- Report on plant activities and performance indicators;
- Oversee and manage all personnel within the metallurgical department.
- Tertiary qualification in Metallurgy/Mineral Processing/Chemical Engineering.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in metallurgical process operations and/or R&D/design preferably in the base metals industry and Copper/Nickel milling and flotation circuits, in particular.
- Enthusiastic and pro-active in driving the operations team to achieve production targets.
- Strong understanding of metallurgical process improvement and control strategies for large-scale, continuous operating mineral processing plants;
- Good analytical skills for identifying process shortfalls, bottlenecks and implementing metallurgical testing;
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills with ability to delegate and motivate the team towards achieving production targets;
- Affinity to supervise and direct research and development work;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to facilitate accurate transfer of information in both an upward and downward direction; Must be able to assemble data and provide management with clear and accurate plant performance reports written in English.
Advertised: Greenwich Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now