Piping Senior Supervisor
Requisition Number: 502890
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Donoso, Panama City
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Construction, Projects
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The daily responsibilities will include:
- Plan and execute the installation of all types of pipes, valves, fittings as per line list in according with stipulated specifications.
- Ensure maximum productivity
- Plan and organize daily and weekly piping work packages
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and standards and that piping schedules are adhered to.
- Capture & report progress as required by Project Controls Manager.
- Optimise plant and resource utilization
- Identify any potential or actual slippages and discuss with the Area Manager.
- Control and monitor man-hour utilisation for all piping related activities
- Plan daily, weekly and monthly manpower distribution
- Coordinate and liaise with Managers ensuring smooth workflow at all work fronts.
- Provide back up to the Area Manager for managing and handling the pipe work packages including providing technical advice as required.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely, befitting the high standards of the Company
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Good planning and execution skills, proven leadership quality and communication skills.
- Minimum 6 years piping supervisory experience in the Mining, Oil and Gas industry or related field.
- Good command of English language oral and written.
- Should be conversant with applicable safe working practices, quality & standards
- Ability to Manage / Control a multi-national workforce.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now