Requisition Number: 502967
Contract Type: Fixed Term, On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are actually looking for Flotation Supervisor:
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
• Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
• Develop standard safe working procedures and actively participate in HSE initiatives.
• Ensure employees work in compliance with H&S (e.g. isolation, lock out and tag out), quality and environmental standards and procedures.
• Create and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Oversee and employ best practise maintenance techniques and procedures for the maintenance and optimum performance of the flotation banks including associated equipment.
• Undertake daily corrective actions through formal workplace inspections.
• Supervise and participate in the execution of maintenance plans in the Process Plant.
• Ensure all preventive and predictive maintenance plans are planned and scheduled via a computerized maintenance management system.
• Ensure update of the database of maintenance activities of work performed.
• Provide reports on maintenance activities and equipment performance.
• Develop methods, materials, tools and parts so downtime is minimal.
• Monitor and report on component wear and tear.
• Supervise and provide practical hands-on, technical and supervisory support for maintenance personnel on a daily basis to maximize production and efficiencies and optimize costs.
• Review and report to Superintendent on plant design deficiencies and equipment performance constantly seek efficiency/operability improvements.
• Enforce housekeeping standards in all designated work areas.
• Manage performance by setting expectations, conducting performance reviews, providing feedback and coaching to achieve business plans and production goals.
• Identify training opportunities that will provide depth and versatility for employees in the team.
• Coach and mentor subordinate staff through skills transfer.
• Promote a positive employee environment ensuring a continuation of a solid working relationship with all employees.
• Implement FQM Way culture across the team – “Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together”.
• Act as deputy for colleagues as required.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Superintendent Flotation & Utilities.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• A Tertiary Qualification in Mechanical Engineering and/or related Trade Certificate recognised by JTIA.
• Good leadership, motivational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong cognitive and analytical skills for identifying maintenance shortfalls, equipment bottlenecks and implementing corrective and preventative action plans.
• Proven ability to identify, analyse and understand equipment requirements.
• Strong understanding of technical, production and maintenance strategies for large-scale, continuous operating mineral processing plants.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to analyze data and provide clear and accurate operational maintenance performance reports in both an upward and downward direction.
• Computer fluency is a must.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Minimum 5 years of experience in maintenance operations in heavy industry.
• Minimum 2 years of leadership/supervisory experience.
• Significant experience in a large, complex base metals processing plant highly regarded.
• Knowledge of JDEdwards or other enterprise systems.
• Experienced in the use of maintenance management systems.
Fluency in Spanish is required with English language competency highly regarded.
• Leadership disposition
• Proven results facilitating continuous improvement activity.
• Results driven.
• Proven success in planning and organizing.
• Strategic in decision making.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now