PM Bay Coordinator
Requisition Number: 502986
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Coordinate daily planned maintenance activities of the rubber tyre and ancillary fleet in the PM bay.
- Ensure the routine maintenance plans and schedules are followed and adhered to, to ensure safe standards of work within the PM section.
- Ensure safe work practices are developed and training packages are delivered to ensure safe standards of work within the PM section.
- Support the development of a continuous improvement culture to ensure best practices and contamination control standards are followed to maintain the FQM mine fleet.
- Trade qualification in a technical maintenance discipline
- Knowledge of Pronto or other CMMS is an advantage
- Technical training qualification is highly desirable
- Experience in maintenance and operation of mobile mining equipment is essential
Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of an appropriate Trade certification and experience with heavy mining equipment
- At least 5 years in a senior supervisory role
- Previous experience in a training and development role in the mining and heavy equipment industry
- Well organized and process disciplined
- A good communicator who gives clear, concise instruction
- Shows good attention to detail to record keeping
- A good leader with an excellent ability to coach and mentor a large team of varying trade disciplines
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now