Lead Planner - Process Plant and Mining
Requisition Number: 503006
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Construction, Projects
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain Level 3 project schedule and Level 4/5 Look-ahead schedule ensuring fully logic linked to engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Work with Construction team to understand on a look-ahead basis readiness for construction – drawings IFC, materials availability, construction equipment requirements, access requirements and labour requirement
- Ensure progress measurement is collected and reported correctly
- Analyse schedule variances and support CM team in identifying corrective actions and recovery plans to mitigate delays
- Support the development of monthly project controls data packs for CM team at Month end
- Support the development of project reports and ensuring accurate data and subsequent analysis is completed.
- Support PM team in risk identification and management and cost management
Qualifications and skills required:
- Primavera P6 project planner
- Good knowledge and relevant experience of project management principles
- Sound multi-disciplinary knowledge of a large construction project of the Mine Site and Mineral Process Plant.
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Report writing skills
- Preferably from a trade background
- Experience working abroad in a multi-cultural environment
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now