Front End (Crushing and Milling) Maintenance Senior Supervisor
Requisition Number: 503009
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Engineering, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key areas of Responsibility
- Adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed at all times, doing a Risk Assessment and Hazard Identification prior to any task to eliminate any possibility of an accident or injury.
- Supervise and plan the preventive and reactive maintenance duties on the crushing and milling circuits.
- Manage all process plant projects including equipment rebuilds for front end
- Coaching, mentoring and managing a team of both national and expert employees.
Required Technical Skills, Training & Experience
- Tertiary education in fitting or metal fabrication
- Minimum 10 years’ process plant experience, with extensive experience on crushers and mills and significant exposure to maintenance management systems.
- Strong people management skills and demonstrated experience on managing employees
- Demonstrated knowledge of the maintenance management system
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated safety leadership skills with the ability to create a positive safe work culture
- Strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills with ability to delegate and motivate the team towards achieving production targets. Should not be afraid to discipline people when necessary.
Advertised: Greenwich Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }