TMF Maintenance Shift Foreman
Requisition Number: 503309
Contract Type: On-going, Project Based
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Role and Responsibilities
The TMF Maintenance Shift Foreman will report to the TMF Operations Supervisor.
Reporting to the TMF Maintenance Supervisor, you will coordinate a team of trades to ensure availability of the cyclone house and TMF perimeter infrastructure and systems including seepage pump, piping move, spigots and valves, road maintenance.
The TMF Maintenance shift foreman key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure Health and safety procedures are implemented for all activities under his/her supervision
- Implementation of training programs for trades under his supervision
- Development and implementation of Preventive maintenance plan for all equipment and controls systems
- Provide daily work plan to maintenance staff and ensure all necessary work permits are obtained
- Manage work order request priorities
- Establish spare part inventory
-Compiling all required reporting including daily, weekly and monthly monitoring reports
- Contribute to the risk identification workshop
- Enter work orders in JDEdewards ERP software
- Plan Major Shut downs
To be successful in this role you will require:
- 7+ years in supervisory role.
- Trade certification
- previous experience in industrial plant environment or construction site
- Previous experience in tailings deposition, pipeline management and cyclone house operations or similar
- Familiar with JDEdwards Oracle or similar enterprise software
-Ability to identify key risks and implement effective management strategies.
-Strong leadership and initiative capabilities
-Strong problem solving and organizational skills is a must.
Previous extended tours of work in man camp/remote access locations or experience as a field contractor highly preferred.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now