Requisition Number: 503552
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Engineering, Operations / General Management, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Do you want to be part of an amazing operation! We are looking for Industrial Mechanics.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Work to standard safe working procedures and actively participate in HSE initiatives.
- Carry out formal workplace inspections on a routine basis.
- Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with H&S (e.g. isolation, lock out and tag out), quality and environmental standards and procedures.
- Execute daily corrective actions as directed
- Ensure housekeeping is executed in all designated work areas.
- Provide input for the creation and implementing SOP’s.
- Follow relevant SOPs for work conducted.
- Carry out scheduled planned installation and maintenance work on mechanical equipment in compliance with company procedures in order to minimize project delays.
- Carry out the installations, refurbishment and commissioning of mechanical plant to specification and on time.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings of various plant to ensure correct tolerance and fits are maintained for efficient plant operation.
- Inspect, repair, install and test mechanical equipment in order to ensure that relevant specifications/requirements are met.
- Carry out an assessment of spares and materials required to complete work effectively, where necessary ordering additional items via the Supervisor.
- Implement and maintain the IMS procedures at all times to ISO standard.
- Keep records to ensure that they are satisfactory for internal audits.
- Engage with the FQM Way culture across the business – “Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together”
- Act as deputy for colleagues and safety representative as required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now