Shift Maintenance Supervisor
Requisition Number: 503672
Contract Type: Fixed Term, On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Engineering, Operations / General Management, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are actually searching for:
Key area: Promote safe, healthy and fair work environment
- Participate developing standard safe working procedures and actively participate in HSE initiatives
- Carry out formal workplace inspections on a routine basis
- Ensure employees work in compliance with H&S (e.g. isolation, lock out and tag out), quality and environmental standards and procedures
- Lead the team by example
- Manage and coordinate daily corrective actions
- Enforce housekeeping standards in all designated work areas
- Ensure Legal compliance
Key area: Help to set up maintenance functions at the workshop
- Help on hiring and train team to cope world class mine operation
- Provide feedback machinery and toolsf
- Help on creating and implementing PM tasks to related equipment on area of responsibility
- Ensure that maintenance plans are well communicated and implemented to area of responsibility and direct reports
- Provide assistance creating SOP’s
- At commissioning phase participate verifying that installations fulfil with best practises
Key area: Execute maintenance plan to meet established targets
- Execute maintenance tasks with the team, report them to CMMS system
- Work with superintendents and supervisors(Planning, Engineering & Plant) to ensure that plant equipment of a metallurgical process plant operates according to Standard Operating Procedures (and that all machinery/equipment is maintained according to supplier recommendation and industry best practices) within determined budgets and meet demand.
- Ensure that all area of responsibility’s preventive and predictive maintenance plans are in accordance with the needs of the operation that activities are planned and scheduled via a computerized maintenance management system
- Provide feedback that adequate spares inventories are established and maintained.
- Provide input to shutdown planning in coordination with Planner(s) so that plant availability is maximized and contractor resources is minimized. Systematically develop methods, materials, tools and parts so downtime is minimal.
- Provide technical support for the mechanical maintenance personnel on a daily basis to maximize production and efficiencies and optimize costs.
- Report on maintenance activities
Key area: Collaborate with E&M team and related functions to optimize efficiencies
- Evaluate plant performance to identify and initiate development opportunities.
- Participate continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage small size improvement projects
Key area: Provide leadership to the team
- Manage a team responsible overhauling swing equipment’s and components
- Participate in the interviewing, hiring, training and development in an effort to retain and develop the best talent for the organization.
- Provide clear work objectives and expectations of the performance levels required to achieve business plans and production goals.
- Manage performance by setting expectations, conducting performance reviews, and providing feedback and coaching.
- Work with line management to identify training opportunities that provide depth and versatility for all new and advancing maintenance employees. Provide input to training and development needs, develop plans and establish performance metrics to meet those needs, and provide ongoing assessment tools to ensure desired results are being achieved.
- Promote a positive employee environment ensuring a continuation of the solid working relationship with all employees.
- Provide supervision to field teams during shutdowns
- Manage plants mechanical sift repairs team
Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma obtained
5 years in mechanical maintenance including at least 2 years’ relevant supervisor experience
Good people skills
Strong problem solving skills
Continuously analyse equipment efficiencies to recommend and implement improvements and changes to maximize operations
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Team player and results orientated
Highly motivated & driven
Methodological and organized
Relate and communicate to people on all levels
Good Problem Solving ability & Patient attitude
Must have excellent leadership & communication skills
Capable of working under pressure
Exhibit aptitude to work in multi-cultural environment
Ability to prioritize resource requirements for breakdown repairs, opportune maintenance and preventative maintenance works
Coordinate and monitor equipment availability to ensure adherence to production parameter
Spanish (native) and English speaking
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now