Senior Supervisor - Load Shifting
Requisition Number: 503690
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Construction, Engineering, Projects
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- The position will be responsible for all rigging related jobs on site. These will include looking after cranes and crane operators, drivers, scaffolders, riggers and all lifting equipment.
- Ensuring all Safety procedures are followed at all times by all in their respective crews.
- Responsible for all statutory testing and ensure that records are up to date.
- Ensuring discipline is applied and men are held accountable for their actions.
- Facilitate the development, competencies and improvement of planning personnel in the Maintenance Execution work process.
- Fully engaged in waste elimination, continuous improvement and team building processes.
- Perform training of others for succession planning.
- Coaching, mentoring and offer specialist technical support/guidance to the subordinates.
- Determining training needs of persons in the crew.
- Shut Down preparations and execution
- Ensuring that general housekeeping is maintained.
- Ensuring that supervisors are accountable for all Lifting equipment and gear at all times.
- Ensuring that there is effective communication to all clients
- Carrying out crane study as well lift plans
- Prompt reaction to breakdowns, ensuring that all breakdowns and handovers are well executed
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Superintendent Mobile Maintenance and Load shifting
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of a Craft Certificate in Rigging
- Good knowledge about various types of Cranes
- Should possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- She/he should have Minimum five (5) years' experience in overseeing rigging, cranes and material movement
- Proven supervisory experience in a large copper mining operation will be advantageous.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Use of PRONTO will be an added advantage
- Team player
- Bold initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving attendance
- Valid Silicosis Certificate
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision.
- Very good verbal communication skills.
- Be able to put safety first at all times
Beware of imposters who call applicants purporting to be HR Officers and requesting money for work. First Quantum Minerals does not request applicants to pay any fees for possible placement within FQM in Zambia. Please report any activities of this nature to the Zambian Police and Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), and in addition call and inform FQM Security at Kansanshi on 0966154417 and +260 212 658444.
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now