Requisition Number: 503757
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Do you want to join an Amazing Project! We are looking for Technical Electricians.
Key area: Promote safe, healthy and fair work environment
- To identify, eliminate, mitigate and/or control any electrical safety condition;
- Use electrically safe work procedures, in accordance with National Regulations (NFPA 70) and best industry practices;
- Use industry best practices for Lock Out Tag Out safe procedures;
- Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics, single line diagrams, and any other vendor supplied technical information, included but not limited to installation, operation and maintenance manuals;
- Troubleshoot and repair overhead and underground distribution systems, including transformers, circuit interrupters, reclosers, capacitors, voltage regulators, medium voltage switches, utility poles, terminations, and supporting hardware;
- Install, maintain and repair electrical components including but not limited to duct banks, cable runs, risers, transformers, and low voltage electrical panels;
- Operates various components on the medium and high voltage distribution electrical system including isolation switches, interrupters, capacitor banks, transformers, Variable Speed Drives, switchgears, motor control centers overhead fused cutouts, and voltage regulators; isolates and clears sections of the system for maintenance, installation and load shedding.
- Respond to troubleshooting calls and take necessary actions to bring equipment back to service.
- Uses personal protective gear such as hot sticks, arc flash resistant apparel, respiratory protection, and places or erects clearance tags, barricades, warning signs and devices to protect others from electrical hazards such as arch flash;
- Direct and train the work of unskilled and semi-skilled electricians, assuring that proper safety practices are followed;
- Operates a variety of testing, calibration and repair devices, tools and equipment including voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters, insulation resistance testers, high potential test sets, circuit breaker testers, etc.
- Prepares detailed estimates including labor and materials, and prepares lists of materials for improvement projects;
- Assists other crafts as needed;
- Maintains current knowledge of equipment and materials through self-study and training;
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and paperwork regarding work performed.
- Under supervision, incumbents serve as work leaders for high voltage and low voltage crews and helpers assigned to a specific job.
- Incumbents typically transmit and explain work orders; may make minor changes in material needs or modifications to assigned work due to material delays or other problems
- Communicate work order revisions, material delays or other problems to supervisor and await further instruction;
- Additionally, incumbents may have limited responsibilities for making or modifying daily work assignments.
- Technical, or technological college level degree (educación universitaria a nivel técnico, tecnólogo o licenciado).
- Practical experience with National Regulations (NFPA 70) and best industry practices including NEC, IEEE, NFPA70 an NFPA70E standards.
- Continuously analyse equipment efficiencies to recommend and implement improvements and changes to maximize operations
- 7 years of experience in industrial, distribution, and/or generation electrical systems;
- Experience directing and guiding less experienced personnel.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Team player and results orientated
- Highly motivated & driven
- Methodological and organized
- Relate and communicate to people on all levels
- Good Problem Solving ability & Patient attitude
- Must have excellent leadership & communication skills
- Capable of working under pressure
Other Preferred Requirements:
- Electrical theory and terminology.
- Mathematics used in electrical calculations including basic algebra.
- ABB switchgear will be an added advance
- Medium voltage VSD and gearless drives will be an added advance
- High voltages substations and movable transformer skids for electrical shovels
- Programming of logic controllers, protection relays, VSD’S and Circuit Breakers relays
- Basic PLC programming, input and output cards
- Spanish (native) and basic English
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now