Application Specialist (GEHO Pumps) - Process Plant
Requisition Number: 503769
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are recruiting experienced professionals to join our world-class Copper, Gold and Molybdenum Cobre Panama operation. The operation is equipped to treat 75Mtpa of ore, which will involve large-scale conventional open pit mining and processing plant.
The services area is accountable for the efficient daily operation of the hydraulic balance across the processing plant and the plant reagent mixing facility to maximize production and minimize costs, while ensuring operational sustainability.
Purpose of the role:
- Initially during commissioning, start-up, ramp-up and stabilization you will be responsible for monitoring and field operation of the positive displacement pumps (GEHO) and concentrate pipelines.
- As the plant stabilizes and operational routines are embedded your role will grow to include reagent management (logistics, handling and mixing), air services, process plant mobile fleet management, de-watering technologies (multiple thickeners, pressure filter, dryer), slurry overland pumping, water handling management, site wide water balance and clean-up crews as required by area Superintendent.
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- The role has responsibility to develop the equipment management system, train and assess staff competency in the operation and management of the equipment.
- Ensure all reference and OEM documentation is in place.
- Develop and implement specific theoretical and practical standard operating procedures and training materials.
- Conduct both theoretical and practical training activities, with strong focus on in-field hands-on tasks.
- Provide guidance and training on:
- correct equipment monitoring,
- operation and maintenance routine tasks, including field check-sheets and equipment inspections.
- Equipment defect identification and corrective actions.
- Assess skills and competencies of operational team members (Operators, Control Room Operators, Supervisors, Metallurgists, Specialists).
- Complete the appropriate formal competency assessments.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive training and coaching records.
- Coach team to maintain HSE & housekeeping standards.
- Facilitate coordinated training activities with Supervisors, the Control Room and Operators.
- Provide guidance and practical assistance to the operations team.
- Act according to FQM Way culture - "Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together."
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
A relevant qualification in Mineral Processing or related field highly regarded.
Strong training, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong drive and personal sense of accountability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to assemble and impart training materials.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Minimum of 10 years of direct experience in specific plant equipment.
- Strong experience in operating positive displacement pumps, preferably GEHO –pumps
- Minimum 5 years of training & development experience.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now