TMF Document Management
Requisition Number: 504831
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Actively participate in HSE initiatives.
- Support the TMF team in the establishment, implementation and maintenance of a document control system to meet the demands of the TMF area including, but not limited to, the storage both electronically and in hardcopy of:
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Daily material testing data and associated non-conformance and corrective action register.
- Dam and associated inspection records.
- Technical drawings and specifications including version control.
- Digitalise hard copy records
- Verify, catalogue and maintain the document library to ensure accuracy, authenticity, and version control.
- Recommend opportunities to improve document control practices.
- Maintains information records systems to meet the legal and company records control requirements.
- Post changes to computerized control system ensuring strict version control.
- Release documents as authorised and notify affected areas.
- Ensure technical drawings and plans are up to date, available and stored in the required format and environmental conditions.
- Ensure technical drawings are registered and logged when out of the storage facility.
- Employ high standard of housekeeping in all designated work areas.
- Perform administrative duties to support the TMF team such as office supplies orders, meeting room bookings, new employee orientation, travel arrangement, data compilation and processing
- Implement FQM Way culture across the team – “Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together”.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Qualification in Administration or related field.
- Database skills highly regarded
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer fluency essential with emphasis on MS Office programs.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project planning or documentation control.
- Exposure to a complex mining environment highly regarded.
- Knowledge of Sharepoint is an asset
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP, JDE,..) is an asset
Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Quality orientation
- Driven for results
- Planning and Organising
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now