Document Management Clerk
Requisition Number: 504945
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Engineering, Process, Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges:
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the area of operation.
- Assist in the establishment, implementation and maintenance of a document control system to meet the demands of a large world class mining operation.
- Verify, catalogue and maintain document library to ensure accuracy, authenticity, and version control.
- Recommend opportunities to improve document control practices.
- Maintains information records systems to meet the legal and company records control requirements.
- Support the Planning and Reliability team in the meticulous management of document control with particular attention to version control and cataloguing of all Engineering documents and technical drawings.
- Operate reproduction equipment to generate copies as required.
- Post changes to computerized control system ensuring strict version control.
- Release documents as authorised and notify affected areas.
- Work closely with the departmental draftsman to ensure technical drawings and plans are accurate, secure and stored in the required format and environmental conditions.
- Ensure technical drawings are registered and logged when out of the storage facility.
- Consistently deliver the main KPI's of efficiency and detail.
- Conduct regular internal audits of technical design drawings to ensure operational preparedness for any external audit.
- Control, report and reduce operational costs, and ensure cost consideration taken with all decisions.
- Embrace the FQM Way culture of - "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, Together."
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Qualification in Administration or related field.
- Database skills highly regarded.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now