Lead Dispatcher ( Lider de Despacho / Operaciones Mina )
Requisition Number: 504970
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Mining, Operations / General Management
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Provide leadership to the dispatch team to achieve the goals of the Mining Operations Department.
- Operation of the MineStar Fleet Management System to manage and maximize fleet efficiency within operational requirements.
- Manage resource allocation to maintain continuous feed to the mills at blends specified by ore control.
- Continuous improvement of dipatch and operational functions to improve overall safety, cost control and production of the mine.
- Maintain MineStar systems monitoring through MineStar client, Health front end and Terrain web interfaces.
- Provide technical support to all mine production systems and hardware that fall under the mining department. These systems consist of a kinetic meshed network, high precision GPS and two-way radio communication software and hardware.
- Identification and reprting into the daily log of all hardware and software issues relating to mine production systems.
- Continues DSS systems monitoring trough DSS monitoring front end and web based interfaces.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline will be considered and asset.
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work in a ''team'' environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft package.
- Intermediate knowledge of Mining Operations and Systems.
- Minimum 1 year as Dispatcher.
- Experience in a Supervisory rol will be considered an asset.
- Experience working in a mining operation.
- Experience with databases and reporting will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is an asset and proficiency in Spanish is mandatory. A willingness to undertake English language training desirable.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now