Requisition Number: 504988
Contract Type: On-going
Country: South Africa
Site: Johannesburg Office
Categories: Information Technology
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Ensures systems of focus are monitored with appropriate alerting and automated recovery based upon standards and best practices
- Provide IT technical expertise to applications developers, operations, and other IT staff for systems development and production support
- Provide technical expertise to IT staff in the design and development of infrastructure systems to ensure a robust and stable environment
- Participate in formulating and implementing IT standards and policies to support the operational environment
- Develop all supporting technical documentation to facilitate consistency and quality of installations, systems upgrade and recovery/ repair
- Develop and implement processes to assist with problem management, change management and performance monitoring to support effective operational management
- Adhere to and implement Group ICT standards and policies
- Effectively and efficiently develop, maintain and optimise server infrastructure
- Effectively contribute to positive team performance and achievement of business targets
- Ability to cope with work pressure
- Must be a good team player
- Must exhibit strong task and time management skills
- Must be able to work with globally diverse teams
- Must be comfortable working in an ITIL controls based environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years' experience managing high availability Systems, Databases and Networks
- Windows Server up to 2016
- Knowledge of Hyper V or VMware esxi up to v6.5
- Windows exchange Server – 2010 + Outlook 365
- Knowledge of Fibre Storage Area Network systems and HP Data protector and other backup solutions
- Knowledge and experience of disaster recovery systems and processes
- Data Center Management experience - including knowledge of and experience relevant Data Centre standards and best practices
- Extensive demonstration of high level experience with a solid track record of planning, coordinating and delivering multiple, complex programs towards successful delivery.
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now