Requisition Number: 505069
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Health & Safety
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Deberes y responsabilidades:
- Operar dentro y observar todas las leyes relevantes y aplicables de Panamá.
- Mantener los estándares de HSE y garantizar el cumplimiento estricto dentro del área de operación.
- Asegúrese de que el desarrollo de los temas de charlas de la caja de herramientas y las tarjetas flash de seguridad se levanten, se registren y se distribuyan rápidamente.
- Contribuya y brinde asistencia según sea necesario para el informe diario, semanal y mensual de las estadísticas para el Supervisor de Capacitación, incluidos los KPI, los Informes de Capacitación Diaria o Semanal, el Registro de Datos
- Manage the training records in Skills Tracking database of training completed including:
o Creation and assignment training against operational employees
o Add scoring of training given
o Review training record and closure
o Statistical analysis
o Generation of progress reports
• Support the Port and Mine Safety Superintendents to ensure compliance with government responses.
• Conduct training of visitor's, vendors, contractors and employee and other personnel who need to safety training
at the mine site.
• Identify training and development needs within the organization and develop solutions through visual safety promotional posters, flash cards and training presentations.
• Ensure the recording of all safety training events by means of personal filing system and database according to the FQML standards.
• Provide high quality training support to the Manager and Safety Superintendents including the provision of information, communications including translations for reports, notices and internal procedures.
- Respond to questions and requests from other departments regarding safety training issues.
- Identify and implement tasks to constantly improve the efficiency of the training section within the Safety Department office functions.
- Develop and implement training programs based on both the organization’s and the individual departmental needs.
- Ensure accurate and open communication and co-ordination with a range of individuals across the business.
- Control, report and reduce operational costs, and ensure cost consideration taken with all decisions.
- Embrace the FQM Way culture of - "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, Together."
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Safety Manager or Training Supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Diploma in Training or related field.
• Database skills highly regarded.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Understanding of the basic principles of cost control and accounting.
• Ability to assess and prioritise tasks.
• Computer fluency essential with emphasis on MS Office programs and SharePoint.
• Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
• Experiencia mínima de 2 años en formación y función administrativa.
• Experiencia en programación y conducción de entrenamientos de seguridad.
• Exposición a un entorno minero complejo muy apreciado.
fluido en español e inglés.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now