TMF Chief Surveyor (Bolt On)
Requisition Number: 505146
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Port
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for A Chif Surveyor to join in our Project Cobre Panama
Role and Responsibilities
The TMF Chief Surveyor will report to the TMF Senior Field Engineer.
Reporting to the Senior Field Engineer and responsible for carrying out a wide range of surveying functions for the TMF that includes tailings dam construction, tailings deposition and pond level management.
The TMF Chief Surveyor key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure approved health and safety checks are established for all activities under supervision
- Develop and manage high-level construction surveying practices for the TMF
- Training of local survey team on use of various surveying instruments and procedures
- Responsible for the day-to-day work load of local surveying team
- Co-ordinate all surveying work as well as short term planning of works with Operational and CQA/CQC teams
- Check and verify accuracy of all survey data for dam construction and ancillary works
- Conduct aerial survey bodies of water including tailings beach surveys to determine beach elevations and area, using drone technology
- Prepare weekly and monthly as-built reports for dam construction and ancillary works
- Accurate tracking of materials stockpile volumes and in-placed volumes of materials for projects
- Any other surveying duties that may be requested by your supervisor
To be successful in this role you will require:
- B.Sc. in Surveying or Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant surveying experience in dam construction
- Good knowledge of survey related software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D
- Good knowledge of aerial survey and drone operations
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills is a must
- Good English communication skills; Spanish working knowledge as a minimum, fluency preferred
- Experience working within multi-cultural environments is preferred
- Previous extended tours of work in remote locations is preferred
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now