SAF Process Safety Superintendent
Requisition Number: 505149
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Port Site
Categories: Health & Safety
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Ensure monitoring of sub-contractors' safety performance and conduct quarterly audits to ensure compliance to the “Health & Safety requirements for contractors “ procedure
- Report all statutory documentation to the relevant regulatory organizations.
- Implement weekly Incident review meetings with relevant Department
- Conduct monthly Safety review meetings with Superintendents / Senior Supervisors in each section
- Ensure all incidents are uploaded to My Compliance
- Ensure all Hazards are identified and actioned on My Compliance and close out.
- Ensure all Legal appointments are in place per section
- Conduct random inspections and audit compliance to lifting equipment registers and inspections.
- Ensure all MSDS are up to date in each relevant section.
- Review baseline risk assessments in your section and ensure all recommendations are put in place.
- Randomly conduct Planned task Observations in conjunction with the training centre.
- Compile a workplace inspection matrix and ensure all work places are visited on a monthly basis in your section.
- Oversee general safety behavioral surveys when required (Think, Toolbox talks etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must speak Spanish and English
Diploma / Degree in Occupational Health and Safety Management.(international recognized institute)
• Must be registered with IDONEIDAD
- Minimum of 10 years safety experience within the Mining / Processing / Construction industry.
- Knowledge of OH&S systems, preferably OSHSAS 18001 system.
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 an advantage
- Experience in safety investigations and auditing
- Experience in development of safety procedures and standards within the organization
- Emergency response participation.
- Must have a valid Panamanian driving licence.
- Experience of Ports and or Power Stations and advantage
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now