TMF EarthWorks Shift Supervisor
Requisition Number: 505177
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Role and Responsibilities
The TMF Earthworks Shift Foreman will report to the TMF Senior Field Engineer.
Also will supervise a team of mobile equipment and field operators to ensure construction of the sand dam raise as per work plan and specifications as well as maintain access to all TMF perimeter infrastructure and systems including seepage pump, piping move, spigots and valves, roads.
The TMF Earthworks shift foreman key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure Health and safety procedures are implemented for all activities under his/her supervision,
- Implementation of training programs for operators under his supervision,
- Implement the operations and inspection plan as per the Operations, Maintenance and Surveillance Manual,
- Contribute to daily, weekly and monthly work plan,
- Provide daily work plan and supervision to operators and ensure all necessary work permits are obtained,
- Approve timesheets and manage work schedules,
- Manage work order request priorities,
- Enter work orders in JDE ERP software,
- Compiling all required reporting including daily, weekly and monthly monitoring reports,
- Contribute to the risk identification workshop,
- Plan Major Shut downs in collaboration with maintenance team,
- Complete operational rounds in designated area of the TMF and report findings to supervisor,
- Identify ways to improve efficiency and or quality,
- Work with QA team to achieve compliance with specification for sand placement methodology,
- Ensure good housekeeping of all areas of the TMF,
- Clearly communicate all production and safety related issues to next shift foreman.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Post Secondary Diploma,
- 7+ years in supervisory role,
- Previous experience in earthworks, dam construction or civil works construction,
- Understanding of mobile equipment operations efficiencies,
- Ability to identify key risks and implement effective management strategies,
- Strong leadership and initiative capabilities,
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills is a must,
- Familiar with JDE Oracle or similar enterprise software,
- Previous extended tours of work in man camp/remote access locations or experience as a field contractor highly preferred,
- English is an asset.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now