TMF CADD Operator (Drafter)
Requisition Number: 505180
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Port
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for a CADD Operator (Drafter), to join in project Cobre Panama
Role and Responsibilities:
The CADD Operator will work under the supervision of the TMF Senior Field Engineer.
The CADD Operator key responsibilities will include:
- Handle complex drafting assignments using extensively computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) systems,
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, surfaces and structures: specify dimensions, materials, and procedures for construction,
- Work from rough sketches and specifications created by the engineer to build drawings and models,
- Calculate weights, volumes, and other measurements from drawings and maps,
- Develop and maintain library of project drawings, revisions, as-builts, maps, sketches, etc.
- Review project drawings, maps and models for completeness and accuracy,
- Provide timely technical assistance to the team: explain drawings and provide adjustments as necessary,
- Participate in project meetings as required.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Technical or university degree in engineering/architectural or related field,
- CADD systems expertise,
- Detail oriented to build project drawings that are technically accurate to approved specifications,
- Work closely with others to make sure that work is accurate. This requires the ability to take advice and constructive criticism, as well as to offer it,
- Work under strict deadlines.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now