Human Resources Adviser
Requisition Number: 505190
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Human Resources
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
• Ability to help develop, implement, support, and review all Human Resource initiatives, policies, procedures,
• Leadership and instructional aptitudes needed to provide training and oversight on policies and procedures.
• Evaluate on boarding plans.
• Cultivate training and development programs.
• Participate in performance evaluation processes.
• Composure and confidentiality required to handle disciplinary and grievance issues.
• Administrative duties, including upkeep of employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.)
• Compliance with all policies and legal requirements.
• Perceptive nature, careful monitoring of working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Supervise integration projects with other systems across the business.
• Supervise payroll processes and provide to the team coaching and mentoring.
• Contributes to team effort to reach the goals.
• Support business unit customers in managing employee relations issues in accordance with our culture and policies
• Provide analysis of people KPI’s so as to understand and improve our business
• Listen to your customers and manage information and communication to the improvement of the business
• Provide timely reporting as required
• Conduct review of personnel policies by analyzing employment-related data to identify areas that require improvement
• Live our FQM culture- "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, Together."
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• BS degree in Human Resources or similar.
• BS degree Psychology or similar
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as Supervisor.HR Professional
• Proven track record of delivering implementation of initiatives.
• Ability to develop solutions in challenging environment.
• Advance knowledge in Panamanian labour law
• Advance knowledge payroll processes
• Advance knowledge Social Security processes
Fluency in English is required and proficiency in Spanish highly regarded. A willingness to undertake language training
• Strength in cultural adaptability
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Cobre Panama is a remote site and the position is offered as BIBO (bus in, bus out).
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now