Requisition Number: 505214
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the work area.
- Carry out formal workplace inspections on a routine basis.
- Enforce housekeeping standards in all designated work areas.
- Produce accurate designs and drawings of proposed and existing Plant layouts as well as detail and assembly drawings of equipment and basic structures as required in the Plant using AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor to superior technical quality.
- Update the mechanical, civil, structural, architectural, electrical, layouts and working drawings and schedules as required.
- Ensure that all drawing related documentation is as per product engineering procedures prior to releasing for documentation control.
- Check engineering detail designs for manufacture.
- Attend and contribute to engineering design reviews to establish best solution.
- Control, report and reduce operational costs, and ensure cost consideration taken with all decisions.
- Implement FQM Way culture in the work team - "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, Together."
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Recognized technical certificate in Drafting or a relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering preferably in Mechanical design/discipline.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to visualize perspective and three dimensional space including the interpretation of others idea.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical, Plant 3D, Inventor, Advanced Steel, Advanced Concrete and Robot structural analysis
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Must have extensive AutoCAD experience (Inventor advantageous).
- Previous experience in the mining industry preferred
Fluency in Spanish and English highly regarded.
- Demonstrating high work standards
- Driven for results
- Technical Skills
- Contributing to team success
Safety and Environment
- Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
- Ensure all Safety and Environmental incidents are addressed & reported promptly.
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
- Identification of potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
- Maintenance of a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
- Raising, discussion and resolution of safety issues at regular meetings
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now