Finance Analyst (Senior Capital Accountant - Org Chart)
Requisition Number: 505232
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Panama City
Site: Panama City office
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are seeking a self-motivated and proactive accountant to work within the Finance team to control and manage
the capital accounting activities for the Cobre Panama operation.
Key Accountabilities and Challanges
As a member of the FAR project team, will be required to
- Collaborate in building the fixed asset register.
- Analysing Financial Statements and Fixed Asset transctions.
- Cost allocation and distribution of indirect cost.
- Prepare jounal entries as needed to record cost allocations.
- Support and execute the specific assignments as part of the FAR project team among others.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset register to the control accounts in the general ledger.
- Ensure depreciation is calculated in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with corporate procedures.
- May need to assist in physical inventory of fixed assets for reconciliation with the register.
- Develop strong working relationship with departamental Superintendents and Managers.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines, without compromising quality.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or related field
- High degree of computer literacy
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with JD Edwards software preferable
- Advanced Spanish and English language skills - written and spoken
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years financial accounting experience in a large public company.
- Experience performing similar capital accounting function will be highly regarded.
- Fluency in Spanish and English highly regarded.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now