Trainer - Mechanical
Requisition Number: 505237
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Plan, develop and implement courses to meet the training needs of all mechanic employees and trainees.
- Evaluate all maintenance training and analysis training needs for the company and ensure all training materials are available to achieve company training objectives.
- Design training to upgrade skills and implement On-the-job training programmes in mechanical maintenance discipline.
- Ensure company procedures and safety regulations are re-enforced in order to minimise accidents and maximise production
- Carry out training needs during repairs, shutdowns and planned maintenance jobs to formulate training programs in order to closed up the gap (lacking skills and knowledge) in employees )
- Perform any other tasks assigned by any senior official of the Company who is empowered to exercise authority over him
- Assist Engineering Training Coordinator in coordinating both Internal and external training to upgrade employees' skills.
- Maintain training records and training matrices for all employees
Required Technical Skills, Training & Experience
- Holder of relevant courses or trade papers in the mechanical maintenance discipline with a good knowledge of the mining and process environment; trainer qualification will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar engineering training role, with a particular focus on mechanical maintenace.
- Proven track record in designing training manuals and delivering mechanical maintenance training; experience with different type of assessments would be a plus.
- Ability to achieve result is a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now