Repairs & Returns Controller
Requisition Number: 505264
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Country: South Africa
Site: Johannesburg Office
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Co-ordinate and verify that the documentation initiated from site is correct for onward distribution to customs and our nominated freight forwarders
- Track the location of the incoming cargo
- Facilitate the collection / delivery of the incoming cargo to the respective SA vendor
- Co-ordinate the vendor assessment of the cargo and the associated repair quote
- Communicate the above to site (and the end-user) and receive the required purchase order
- Place the repair order on the vendor and expedite the repairs timeously
- Arrange collection / delivery of the cargo back to the FQM SA warehouse for processing of the ‘re-export’ documentation
- Co-ordinate the documentation flow with the transporter and freight forwarder (as per the original documentation for the initial repair and return)
- Track the outgoing cargo to its final destination
- Monitor the stipulated time frame for the cargo to be in SA for the repair and return (6 months)
- Apply for the necessary extension as and when required (additional 3 months)
- Liaise with customs officials and prepare quotes for cargo that needs to destroyed (beyond economic repair and cannot be sent back to site)
- Ensure that the serial numbers on the repair and return cargo matches the respective paperwork for customs verification and approval
Experience and Qualifications:
- Grade 12
- Any customs related / logistics certificate or diploma.
- 8-10 years minimum years of experience in customs administration and processes
- Mining industry will be an advantage
- Driven and able to multi task
- Ability to work on many transactions and details simultaneously
- Ability to think on your feet and follow through to ensure deliveries and returns are on time
- Work unsupervised
- Interpersonal skills, as there is constant interaction with site, suppliers, procurement and customs personnel.
Occasional travel to remote sites in Zambia, need a valid passport
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now